Applications for the Local Schools Community Fund 2019-20 have now closed.
All schools in receipt of Commonwealth recurrent funding in 2019 are eligible to apply for one school improvement project worth between $1,000 and $20,000 per campus. Example projects are listed below. The funding is available for the 2019-20 financial year, and the project would need to be completed by December 31, 2020. Up to $200,000 will be available in total for schools in the Nicholls electorate.
Applications are to be made via SchoolsHUB and close September 30. Shortlisted projects will be recommended to the Minister for Education by an independent advisory committee of local constituents. Shortlisting will be based on the benefit the project would bring to the school community.
Eligiblity conditions apply.
- Small scale extensions / refurbishments
- Installation of computer or ICT facilities / equipment / software
- Playground and sporting equipment
- Shade structures
- Procurement of musical facilities, furniture, computer equipment (e.g. digital whiteboards), library resources
- Measures to target student wellbeing
- Counselling or youth mental health support
- Excursions for students from remote areas
- Additional English as a second language support for refugee students
- Specific facilities for students with a disability in a school.
- To Apply visit SchoolsHUB at https://schools.education.gov.au/
- For a summary fact sheet click here
- For more information visit https://www.education.gov.au/local-schools-community-fund
- For the most detailed information (including eligibility criteria) see the Guidelines here
- If you need help email email@example.com