Expressions of Interest (EOI) have now closed for the Stronger Communities Programme (Round 5) grants. This programme will contribute between $2,500 and $20,000 to up to 20 projects or activities for organisations in the Nicholls electorate to build viability and vibrancy, and/or improve local community participation.
To apply you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not for profit organisation including incorporated associations (like the CFA, the SES, child care centres and local aged care bodies), indigenous not for profit corporations, religious organisations incorporated under legislation, non-distributing co-operatives, and companies limited by a guarantee.
- A local governing body (as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995).
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property.
Financial and project eligibility
- The minimum grant amount is $2,500 and the maximum grant amount is $20,000. This grant amount can represent no more than 50% of eligible project costs.
- Your organisation can fund your 50% percent (minimum) share of eligible project costs either with cash, a state or local government grant, or in-kind (calculated dollar value of in-kind contribution must be provided).
- You must complete your project within six months of your project start date and no later than 30 June 2020.
Activity or project ideas
- Modifications, upgrade, fit out, construction, refurbishment, or alterations to premises (including leased premises providing permission has been given by the owner) such as air-conditioning, kitchen, canteen, change room or toilet installation or upgrade, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings, painting, inclusive access, drinking fountains, drainage, water systems, and lighting.
- Purchase of equipment that would remain the property of the organisation including ICT hardware, BBQs, shade, specialist equipment (including medical and emergency services), musical instruments, uniforms, seating, and sporting equipment including gymnasiums, scoreboards, and goals.
- Vehicles and trailers and/or modifications to vehicles and trailers for community transport/services or medical transport.
- Development or upgrade of public areas or amenities such as bike paths, streetscapes, skate parks or community gardens.
Process (including key dates)
- Submit an EOI Form to email@example.com by Friday September 6 (you can alternatively mail or hand deliver a printed form to my office).
- EOI submissions will be shortlisted by a panel. Shortlisting will be based on your EOI meeting of all eligibility criteria, providing value for money and being considered a proper use of public resources.
- Shortlisted organisations will be contacted by my office and invited to apply for the grant before the Thursday October 10 closing date.
- Expression of Interest form
Download the EOI form then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver it to my office by Friday September 6.
- More detailed information
For more detailed information including guidelines, eligibility, FAQs, and a printable factsheet visit: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/stronger-communities-programme
If you need help please contact my office, or contact the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities, and Regional Development on 13 28 46.