Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now closed for the Communities Environment Program grants. This programme will fund small scale, community-led projects between $2,500 and $20,000 in the Nicholls electorate that address local environmental priorities.
To apply you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- An incorporated not for profit organisation including incorporated community associations (including Parents and Friends groups), indigenous not for profit corporations, non-distributing co-operatives, and companies limited by a guarantee.
- A State government agency or body that is a registered school that is a legal entity, a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school, or a Regional Land Partnerships service provider acting as a project sponsor for a community group.
- A local governing body (as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995).
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property.
Financial and project eligibility
- The minimum grant amount is $2,500 and the maximum grant amount is $20,000.
- This grant will cover up to 100% of eligible project costs, however co-contributions are strongly encouraged (cash, state or local government grant, or in-kind).
- You must complete your project no later than 31 December 2020.
- Your project must:
- Be a small scale, community-led environmental project
- Give communities the resources, skills and knowledge to care for the environment
- Deliver positive environmental and social outcomes
- Include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- Direct the majority of grant funding to onground eligible activities
- Undertake the majority of the project in the Nicholls electorate
Activity or project ideas
- Monitoring local flora, fauna, water quality or marine debris (including on land, in freshwater or in estuarine/marine areas)
- Supporting recovery of threatened species (including terrestrial, aquatic and marine species) and ecological communities,
- Seed collection, propagation and planting of trees and understorey to rehabilitate degraded habitats / riverbanks / wetlands; control erosion; or to increase suitable habitat, vegetation linkages and available food sources for native animals
- Reducing the impact of invasive weeds, pest animals, and diseases on the environment
- Fencing or installing infrastructure, such as boardwalks, to manage access to sensitive natural habitats or sites
- Litter clean-up events, marine debris collection or litter management infrastructure
- Workshops to increase community skills in monitoring, conserving, and/or protecting threatened species, ecological communities or other important environmental assets
- We may also approve other activities.
Process (including key dates)
- Submit an EOI Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 6 (you can alternatively mail or hand deliver a printed form to my office).
- EOI submissions will be shortlisted by a panel. Shortlisting will be based on your EOI meeting of all eligibility criteria, providing value for money and being considered a proper use of public resources.
- Shortlisted organisations will be contacted by my office and invited to apply for the grant before the Thursday October 10 closing date.
- Expression of Interest form
Download the EOI Form then email it to email@example.com or mail/deliver it to my office.
- More detailed information
For more detailed information including guidelines, eligibility, FAQs, and a printable factsheet visit: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program
If you need help please contact my office, or contact business.gov.au on 13 28 46.