Expressions of interest for the 2019-20 Volunteer Grants Program have now closed.
Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering. The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
- Grants can be for between $1,000 and $5,000 in value.
- Not-for-profit community organisations who use a large proportion of volunteers (at last 40% of staff must be volunteers) are eligible to apply.
- $66,000 will be available in all electorates, meaning we can provide up to 66 grants.
- The purpose of the grant must support the grant’s objectives of helping community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers, helping community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering, or encouraging support and increasing participation in volunteering, and can be used for the following purposes:
- Purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- Contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- Contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive in association with their volunteering activity.
- Assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- Undertake background screening checks for volunteers.
Please check the Grant Guidelines here for further information on eligibility.
- More detailed information click here, similar information can be found here.
- To submit an expression of interest please complete the form below. Applications that are successfully nominated will be emailed an application form by the Department prior to the April 6 closing date.
- For help contact the Community Grants Hub on 1800 020 283 or email email@example.com or contact my office.
To submit your expression of interest
Expressions of interest have now closed. Applications that are successfully nominated will be emailed an application form by the Department prior to the April 6 closing date.