With Australia in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, ANZAC Day is taking on a non-traditional format this year. I understand this will be difficult for the many Australians who take great pride each year in paying their respects to our fallen soldiers, our veterans, and those in active service.
On Saturday April 25, I encourage you to join me in honouring those who have served our nation from home. There are ideas for how you can pay your #AnzacAtHome respects below.
As a nation and as a community, we have a responsibility to ensure we will always remember the service and sacrifice of all those who have served our nation in times of war, conflicts and peacekeeping operations, and the more than 100,000 lives lost to us in these endeavours.
- Australian War Memorial (Canberra) service commencing at 5:30am. You can join live via:
- Shrine of Remembrance (Melbourne) service commencing at 5:50am. You can join live via:
- Channel 9
- ABC radio (broadcast will change to Melbourne after the Canberra service concludes at 6:10am)
- Shepparton RSL Sub-Branch Service commencing at 7am. You can join live via:
- ‘Driveway Dawn Service’ (also called “Light up the Dawn” and “Stand To”) from 5:55am. For more information on how to participate visit:
- A pre-recorded private service can be accessed at rslanzacspirit.com.au simply click the yellow “Play your service here” button at a time that suits you to get started.
- You can see other suggestions for commemorating from home in my flyer (link above).
Lest we forget.