I am now accepting photo entries for the fourth annual #ImProud Calendar for 2020. This calendar will be distributed to every home and business in the Nicholls electorate, so will be fantastic exposure for both established and amateur photographers.
Entries close 11:59pm Monday September 30, so get snapping!
If there is someone whose work you’d love to see in the calendar next year, make sure you share this page with them.
- Everyone who lives in the Nicholls electorate is welcome to enter three images.
- Your image/s should capture an element of life in the Nicholls electorate. This can be anything – if it happens here in Nicholls, we want to see it! You can see some examples below.
- Image/s must be in landscape format (‘sideways’ or more wide than it is tall), and either be colour or black and white. The image/s may be lightly edited to fix minor issues such as contrast.
- Image/s taken on a mobile phone are welcome as long as they are high resolution. Unfortunately we can’t print low resolution images well enough for them to feature in the calendar.
Where is Nicholls?
Localities in Nicholls includeArdmona, Avenel, Barnawm, Barmah, Broadford, Bunbartha, Byrnside, Cobram, Colbinabbin, Congupna, Dhurringile, Dookie, Echuca, Euroa, Girgarre, Gunbower, Invergordon, Katamatite, Katandra, Katunga, Kialla, Kyabram, Ky Valley, Lancaster, Lemnos, Lockington, Longwood, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie, Nanneella, Nathalia, Numurkah, Orrvale, Picola, Puckapunyal, Pyalong, Rochester, Rushworth, St James, Seymour, Shepparton, Stanhope, Strathmerton, Tallarook, Tatura, Tongala, Tooborac, Toolamba, Toolleen, Torrumbarry, Tungamah, Undera, Waaia, Wanganui, Wyuna, Yarrawonga, Yarroweyah.
Map of NichollsClick here
This year we are seeking to feature a diverse range of images – if it happens somewhere here in Nicholls, we want to see it! Some examples include:
- Portraits (newborns, centenarians, kids, adults, groups, teams, Shepparton icons etc)
- Architecture and landscapes
- Local events (music, theatre, sport)
- Local industry and products
- Photo techniques including aerial, macro, and timelapse astronomy.
- Animals and nature
- Fine art or still photography
Top 12 entries will receive exposure for their name and image including:
- The image will be used as the feature image for one month of the calendar (photographer will be named on each image)
- The image will be used as one day of the ‘12 days of Christmas’ countdown on social media (the photographer will be named and/or tagged).
First prize additionally recieves:
- Your image is used as the cover image for the calendar (photographer will be named on the cover)
- You will receive a $100 gift voucher for the local photography store of your choice.
- You get to choose which month your image appears on.