I am now accepting entries for the sixth annual edition of my #ImProud calendar.
The 2022 calendar will be distributed across the entire Nicholls electorate, providing fantastic exposure for both established and amateur photographers.
Entries close Sunday October 29.
- Your image should capture an element of what it means to live in the Nicholls electorate. The 2021 calendar was dominated by rural landscape photos – all of which were great – and while these images will again be considered, there will a greater emphasis on the characters (including animals!) among our communities, as well as rural activities and historic buildings;
- Images must be in landscape form (ie. wider than it is tall), and either be colour or black and white. The photo may be lightly edited. Pictures taken on a mobile phone are welcome as long as they are high resolution;
- The top 12 entries (as judged by Damian) will be used in the calendar, with photo credit, while the top photo will be used as the cover image and the photographer will receive a $100 gift voucher to the Goulburn Valley photography store of their choice;
- Each entrant is entitled to submit three images;
- Please call the office on 03 5821 5371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Where is Nicholls?
Localities in Nicholls include
Ardmona, Avenel, Barnawm, Barmah, Broadford, Bunbartha, Byrnside, Cobram, Colbinabbin, Congupna, Dhurringile, Dookie, Echuca, Euroa, Girgarre, Gunbower, Invergordon, Katamatite, Katandra, Katunga, Kialla, Kyabram, Ky Valley, Lancaster, Lemnos, Lockington, Longwood, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie, Nanneella, Nathalia, Numurkah, Orrvale, Picola, Puckapunyal, Pyalong, Rochester, Rushworth, St James, Seymour, Shepparton, Stanhope, Strathmerton, Tallarook, Tatura, Tongala, Tooborac, Toolamba, Toolleen, Torrumbarry, Tungamah, Undera, Waaia, Wanganui, Wyuna, Yarrawonga, Yarroweyah.
Map of Nicholls
This year we are seeking to feature a diverse range of images – if it happens somewhere here in Nicholls, we want to see it! Some examples include:
- Portraits (newborns, centenarians, kids, adults, groups, teams, Shepparton icons etc)
- Architecture and landscapes
- Local events (music, theatre, sport)
- Local industry and products
- Photo techniques including aerial, macro, and timelapse astronomy.
- Animals and nature
- Fine art or still photography
Top 12 entries will receive exposure for their name and image including:
- The image will be used as the feature image for one month of the calendar (photographer will be named on each image)
First prize additionally receives:
- Your image is used as the cover image for the calendar (photographer will be named on the cover)
- You will receive a $100 gift voucher for the local photography store of your choice.
- You get to choose which month your image appears on.