Stronger Communities Program Round 7 now open
The Stronger Communities Program supports the Australian Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia.
Round 7 of the program will provide $22.65 million to fund small capital projects in each of the 151 federal electorates.
The program intends to encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
Round 7 of the program will continue to support Australia’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
Community consultation is a critical element of the program. In consultation with our community, each MP must identify potential applicants and projects in their electorate and invite them to apply for a grant. Invited applications will be assessed against the program’s eligibility criteria through a closed non-competitive process.
Each electorate has total funding of up to $150,000 that can be allocated to successful applications. A maximum of 20 projects will be funded in each of the 151 electorates Australia wide.
Please note the department has published a timeline that differs slightly from ours due to the required community consultation process for our electorate the timeline below is in place.
Dates to note are as follows:
- Program open date: Tuesday October 26, 2021
- From Monday October 25 to Monday November 29: Communication to all community groups via website / social media / advertising and email notification – all interested organisations must contact our office to request an EOI and to apply they must receive an invitation EOI from my office
- All EOIs must be received by 5pm on Friday December 3, 2021.
- Community consultation period to occur from December 6-10, 2021
- All MP nominations must be submitted by December 17, 2021
- Applications from organisations to be submitted by January 19, 2022 – note no late application will be permitted.
For further information or clarification, call 13 28 46 or click on this link for further advise assistance: Search | business.gov.au
As always, if you have any queries please contact my office on (03) 5821 5371 or send me an email at email@example.com.
I take this opportunity to thank you each and every one of you for what you have done and continue to do to get us through the pandemic.